FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does "cash only" mean "Cash. Only!" ?
View Single Post
Old Apr 29, 2011, 1:45 am
redheadtempe33

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by td_in_training
Today on my flight home I was in coach (DM B fare, 3 on the list) in an aisle seat. The lady next to me wanted to use the bathroom and I decided I could use a drink, so I walk back to the galley where the two flight attendants are chatting and they hand me the bottle and a can and say "7 dollars" - I go to hand him my amex and he says they'll only take cash. I was a little surprised as I hadn't seen anyone pay cash for a drink in a very long time, I didn't want to question them as I don't really care, but it seemed really irregular and when I paid with a 10 he made change using his personal wallet.

strange? normal?
You don't say if this was a mainline or express flight. If it was express, the FA was being nice by making change, if it was mainline, then the FA is probably robbing Delta blind.

How do I make purchases onboard flights?
For purchases onboard Delta flights, we only accept credit and debit cards. Debit cards must bear a major credit card logo to be valid for acceptance. Cash, ATM cards and gift cards are not accepted. For purchases onboard Delta Connection flights with single class service, only cash is accepted. On Intra-Asia routes and flights between Japan and Hawaii, credit/debit cards or cash are accepted.