FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AP Just wiped out my account - now what???
Old Apr 22, 2011, 12:57 pm
stevneil

Originally Posted by klparrot
Sorry, but I've stopped having much sympathy for these cases. The account inactivity policy has been in effect for several years now, and there have been news articles every year since about people who lost their miles as a result. I don't know how you wouldn't know.

Also, the account expiry date is always shown in the "your account" page on aeroplan.com, and all it takes to keep your account active is any kind of activity; earning or redemption. Even just swiping your card at Esso. I'd say a 2- or 3-year account inactivity expiry might be more reasonable, but still.

Sorry to be harsh; I know it sucks, but at this point I think you only have yourself to blame. As DaveTO said, you can pay to get your points back, but it's probably not worth it at 2¢/mi.
Well .... We don't have any Esso stations down here in San Francisco, nor did they make a big deal out of it in the Chronicle, San Jose Mercury News, or the Palo Alto Weekly.

It's not worth paying 2¢/mi. Honestly, it's becoming not worth flying AC without the loyalty program. The only slight benefit of my miles is that it can be quite costly to fly to Canada. I can zip across the US on Virgin America or JetBlue for a song, and Virgin now goes to YYZ.