FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AP Just wiped out my account - now what???
Old Apr 22, 2011, 12:31 pm
klparrot

Programs: AC E
Originally Posted by stevneil
Due to inactivity, AP just zeroed out nearly 40,000 miles. I did not see any warnings anywhere that they were about to expire. Disgusting. How can I get them re-instated?
Sorry, but I've stopped having much sympathy for these cases. The account inactivity policy has been in effect for several years now, and there have been news articles every year since about people who lost their miles as a result. I don't know how you wouldn't know.

Also, the account expiry date is always shown in the "your account" page on aeroplan.com, and all it takes to keep your account active is any kind of activity; earning or redemption. Even just swiping your card at Esso. I'd say a 2- or 3-year account inactivity expiry might be more reasonable, but still.

Sorry to be harsh; I know it sucks, but at this point I think you only have yourself to blame. As DaveTO said, you can pay to get your points back, but it's probably not worth it at 2¢/mi.