FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}
Old Apr 21, 2011, 1:51 pm
dmodemd

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
I stayed there a few weeks ago and was disappointed with the $10 coupons when the only breakfast you can get for $10 is a bowl of cereal or breakfast sandwich at the cereal shop in the morning. Even the "continental plate" in the restaurant was over $10. It also was very difficult to get substiutions on the continental plate. e.g. it only includes PLAIN yogurt and we had to practically BEG to get the waiter/waitress to pull a micro yogurt cup from the buffet a few steps away.

I really wish they would do it like the O'Hare hilton does where the coupon is good enough to cover the continental section of the buffet and you can upgrade to full buffet for a little more. At this place it was full buffet or off the menu.

I complained at the end and got them to cover the differences in cost of the continental breakfast from the $10 coupon over the days I was there.

Why can you get free full breakfasts at Homewood Suites and Hampton Inns with no status but a DIAMOND can't get it from full service Hiltons? What a rip.

Last edited by dmodemd; Apr 21, 2011 at 2:01 pm