FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 18,000 Cathay Pacific (Asia Miles) miles - how to transfer to AA?
Old Apr 13, 2011, 11:13 pm
SeanS

Originally Posted by andy1022
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

1. What do you mean transfer? Once you earn your miles in Asiamiles account, you cannot transfer it from Asiamiles to AAvantage and/or vice versa. However, if you say AAdvantage is your main program, the non-eligible class flights could be put into your asiamiles accounts.

2. AAdvantage only recognizes CX flight in Y,B,H class, therefore, the L class tickets will not be eligible to credit miles to your AAvantage account. As a result, 18150 - 7248(HKG-LAX) - 1048(BKK-HKG) = 9854 mi will be credit to your account.

3. Where are the points held? AAdvantage or Asiamiles?
Since you are in the AA forum page, I am assuming your are saying AAdvantage with 25k EQP. Since your eligible booking are in Y,B class, 1.5x of the miles will be translated as EQP, i.e. 14781 EQP will be added to your account, on top of 25000 points you mentioned.
If you are saying Asiamiles, the whole number of miles shown on CX page will be straightly added to your Asiamiles account. No doubt.

Lastly, I dunno what action you are referring to.

Details please refer to "http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/earnMiles/travel/airlines/cathayPacific.jsp"
Thanks for the replies!

I am a little confused...

I did not have an AA account when I purchased the tickets, I made an Asia Mile account right before. I purchased the tix about 2 weeks ago.BUT, I still do not see any miles in my Asia Miles account.

Did I just lock my miles in the Asia Miles program, or can I call Asia Miles to "transfer" the eligible miles to my AA account?

PS: I do not have any miles or points in my AA account right now.... I just opened the account a few days ago.