FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Passenger Kicked Off Horizon Air Flight For Being Too Tall
Old Apr 11, 2011, 4:38 am
pacer142

Programs: Flying Blue, easyJet Plus (!)
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Not having been there, but seeing how a very tall guy managed, I'm of the opinion this was a passive-aggressive reaction to the denial of an exit row seat; he was hoping that they'd bump someone for him.
As someone who is quite tall (6' 4", but very long in the leg and with fairly muscular legs which means I probably have the same issues as someone a bit taller but skinnier) and thus pays for speedy boarding/extra legroom/whatever it annoys me when similar passengers get on late and expect to be accommodated by people moving out of the exit row seats. If you want to guarantee an exit row, pay speedy boarding yourself. If it's not available, pick a different flight or find a way to cram yourself in - it's possible for most people, just not comfortable.

Was the flight full? Perhaps he could have taken a middle and "spread" into the seat either side if both were empty?

That said, I'm finding that on easyJet these days the exit row middle is the last seat to go (nobody wants to sit between two huge blokes just to get an extra couple of inches of legroom)...

Neil