FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Passenger Kicked Off Horizon Air Flight For Being Too Tall
Old Apr 8, 2011, 4:23 pm
Tide_from_PAE

Programs: WN A-List Preferred, AS, DL Kryptonium
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I am now curious ... would you folks consider giving up your exit row QX seat, if such a passenger asked you nicely (or the FA on his behalf)? I probably would.
Provided I was asked nicely, of course I would. I'm [only] 6'1", so I can fit in any seat, but know that regional aircraft, especially the Q400 and CR2, can feel really cramped, even more so if in the window seat.

I agree that the ability to preselect exit row seats is one of my favorite things about having status. In addition, one needs to pay attention to the aircraft type. For my next trip, DL suggested an itinerary that involved 2 CR2s and a CR7 connecting to a 75X. Instead, I chose an itinerary with 3 D95s and a 75X.

I remember an episode of Airline where a 15 year old was 6'6" and politely asked if he could have a seat with extra legroom. Since he was old enough to sit in the exit row, the GA's let him board early and get a seat in the exit row. While QX does have assigned seating, I am surprised that they didn't make an accommodation for the passenger. I know that there's likely more to this story, but still find it odd that this type of incident happened.