FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USairways lounges Charlotte, Philly
View Single Post
Old Apr 7, 2011, 12:06 am
phlwookie

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Originally Posted by labguides
Thanks for input. I do have "real" AX card and am flying first class (for that that worth on USAir. LAX-Charlotte-Charleston, Charleston-Philly-LAX. Signed up for AX access, but that card won't arrive in time for flight this weekend.
Just the platinum card will get you in - Priority Pass would as well, but it's supplemental to the domestic lounge benefit and not needed to get into US clubs. I've used the AMEX Plat card to get into the US Clubs at least 70 times since the benefit was added without any pushback, so your experience is odd and probably worth calling AMEX Customer Service to try to work out. You can literally get into any US Club - you don't even need to be flying US, you just have to be able to access it behind security. I had a nice conversation with a couple flying Delta this evening at the Buffalo US club, for instance. All of us were in there on our AMEX Plat cards.

Domestic first won't get you into the clubs, or, for that matter, RCCs on United.