USairways lounges Charlotte, Philly

Old Apr 6, 2011, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

USairways lounges Charlotte, Philly

What is the key to getting into Usairways lounge in Charlotte? I have tried.. showed first class ticket ("purchased" with United points) and AX Plantinum. I was denied access. I will have 3-4 hour layovers in Charlotte and Philly. Advice?
Old Apr 6, 2011, 3:15 pm

Programs: US CP, SPG Plat
Buy a daypass. First class domestic tickets do not offer lounge access.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 3:18 pm

Programs: US CP, SPG Plat
Didn't see the AX Platinum -- that should get you access if you have a US Airways ticket. Not sure why they wouldn't let you in.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 3:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
As of mid-July 2010, AMEX Platinum cardholders have complimentary access to all US Clubs.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by kudzu
As of mid-July 2010, AMEX Platinum cardholders have complimentary access to all US Clubs.
Must be a real AMEX Platinum card. Not an airline or other co-branded Platinum Card (ie. Platinum Delta SkyMiles American Express Card). I see this pretty frequently at the PHX Clubs. People coming in and trying to use the co-branded cards.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by labguides
What is the key to getting into Usairways lounge in Charlotte? I have tried.. showed first class ticket ("purchased" with United points) and AX Plantinum. I was denied access. I will have 3-4 hour layovers in Charlotte and Philly. Advice?
Are you flying internationally?
Old Apr 6, 2011, 4:42 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
I will have 3-4 hour layovers in Charlotte and Philly. Advice?
* try to take earlier flights--
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-ai...l#post15879111

* explore the airports--
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-ai...a-airport.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-ai...e-airport.html
Old Apr 6, 2011, 10:44 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for input. I do have "real" AX card and am flying first class (for that that worth on USAir. LAX-Charlotte-Charleston, Charleston-Philly-LAX. Signed up for AX access, but that card won't arrive in time for flight this weekend.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 12:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Thanks for input. I do have "real" AX card and am flying first class (for that that worth on USAir. LAX-Charlotte-Charleston, Charleston-Philly-LAX. Signed up for AX access, but that card won't arrive in time for flight this weekend.
Just the platinum card will get you in - Priority Pass would as well, but it's supplemental to the domestic lounge benefit and not needed to get into US clubs. I've used the AMEX Plat card to get into the US Clubs at least 70 times since the benefit was added without any pushback, so your experience is odd and probably worth calling AMEX Customer Service to try to work out. You can literally get into any US Club - you don't even need to be flying US, you just have to be able to access it behind security. I had a nice conversation with a couple flying Delta this evening at the Buffalo US club, for instance. All of us were in there on our AMEX Plat cards.

Domestic first won't get you into the clubs, or, for that matter, RCCs on United.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 9:04 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for info.. yes I have "real" AX Plantium.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.