View Single Post
Old Apr 4, 2011, 8:06 pm
Jack Burton

Programs: AA Plat, DL Silver, MR Plat, SPG Plat, CP Diamond, PC Gold, HH Silver
Originally Posted by GNRMatt
So, I just got an e-mail from US Airways that says:

"Miles make you smile...
...And they get you where you want to be

We know you love award travel...and we love seeing you happy! So, we added 1,000 bonus miles to your account.* We hope these miles get you a little closer to your next award trip. Keep flying and using Dividend Miles partners and you’ll be on your way in no time! "

Anyone else get this? I still don't see the miles posted in my account though.

Random, indeed. I got the same email tonight at 9:09pm EDT. I figured it must have been yet another random advertisement, but was surprised to see the "1,000 miles bonus" bit.

As far as how or why this was targeted,...I have not flown US Air since 10/2009,....before that, maybe 2007. I decided a few years back that I wouldn't be flying with them anymore, and if I did, I would send all my miles to my United FFP.

Maybe that is why I got this,...in an attempt to get me back? I only have enough miles for a single RT award ticket at this point, and whenever I use that, I may close my account. We'll see.

As far as more recent, non-flying activity, I did download and install the new Shopping Toolbar, so maybe that prompted this random bonus?

FYI,...Miles have not posted yet.

Regardless, thanks US Air.