FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cars in EA/ER at BOS
View Single Post
Old Apr 4, 2011, 1:54 pm
jimmayz

Originally Posted by peteropny
You are charged for what you reserved - for Emerald Aisle ("regular" Emerald Club members) you book and pay for a Mid-Size and are entitled to take whatever cars are in the Emerald Aisle - for Executive (and Elite) members you book FullSize (and pay for Mid-Size) and take whatever cars off the Executive Selection. Any upgraded cars parked in those areas are fair game to take as a free upgrade. In your case if the Expedition was in "regular" Emerald Aisle, you are entitled to take it regardless - if it was in Executive Selection, you were entitled to it upon the direction of the greeter.
Thanks for the response, very helpful.

Not that I'm suggesting this, but what stops someone who is only Emerald Aisle qualified from just walking off the bus and picking from the Exec Selection? I've never seen the greeter request verification of status level for those that go towards the Exec Seleciton. The people in the check-out toll booths have never asked either, I think they [correctly] assumed the greeter directed me to the Exec Selection even though I'm only Emerald Aisle.