FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PHL SkyClub Opens 4/3/2011
View Single Post
Old Apr 4, 2011, 9:41 am
PepeBorja

Programs: Chivas, Tequila, Good Beer
I was in a hurry and unable to elaborate on my initial impression posted when I started the thread.

I arrived shortly after they opened up the place at 7:05 AM. The staff was happy to be there and enthused about their new club. The location is a little out of the way, by a hallway next to the “Earl of Sandwich” shop. Most SCs have prominent entries, but this one is a little hidden by its location..

The place is bright and open with separate seating areas. One section appears to be the “road warrior” section with 10 or so large chairs and electric outlets on each station, along with several PCs along the wall for those that do not wish to unpack.

The main area is next to the bar section with seating for maybe 25 people. Two more little areas can hold 12 people or so. The sign says 150 people max but the size of the furniture and all the carry on stuff will encroach on that. I figured 50 people will make the place look packed.

The club is bigger/better than the old “A” club and there is no need to with for service as you can help yourself. The honor system requires you to drop of a $1 per drink on the front desk after the first one. No worse than the usual tip provided at clubs with bartenders, provided that you believe on giving a $1 tip to the server.

In all, the club is a nice place to go wait for a flight or when delays occur and you wish to seek a place to work or have a drink.

The club’s main drawback is that it is located as far away from the gates as you can get. Going back to the club to wait for a delayed flight may not pay off given the distance. Not exactly primo location but it beats the alternative.

In all, I give it a ^. Another reason to fly Delta.:-:

PICS posetd ny NATAS43 member can be seen here

http://img23.imageshack.us/g/img1592dt.jpg/

Last edited by PepeBorja; Apr 4, 2011 at 9:47 am