FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hall of Shame - Worst SPG experiences (Where would you not stay again?)
Old Apr 3, 2011, 6:20 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,9MM), WN
Originally Posted by Flews
I suppose this is one of the problems with threads/lists like these: I have stayed at three of the five properties you've just listed - Westin Halifax, Sheraton Bahamas, Park Lane London - and have had excellent stays.

In fact, I have stayed at all three of these properties not once, but multiple times each, and would not hesitate to return.

So, while I don't dispute some properties run hot and cold, and while I am sure the negative reviews are legitimate, I would caution anyone from taking the 'list' as gospel, especially if the posters are basing their judgements on just one stay. I say this even though I have personally written off a couple of properties after only one stay myself.

Still, the lesson for me - having seen these three on the 'list' - is to take the 'list' as guidance only. As always, these assessments cans somtimes be very objective - even my own "wonderful" stays at these very same properties.

Cheers,
Agreed with you that OPs should take this thread with a grain of salt. After all, "worst SPG experience" is an individual/subjective assessment. However, I can also see it cutting the other way. In theory, if enough individual posters write about a particular property being their worst stay ever, then there should be an overwhelming response in time. Reading the individual property threads are a better indicator of what to expect. The SLS thread is a classic example of this.