FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Smurf: "No one wants to see your sorry @ss naked!"
Old Apr 1, 2011, 11:48 am
Superguy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Angry Smurf: "No one wants to see your sorry @ss naked!"

More belligerence at BWI tonight.

Went thru BWI D checkpoint yesterday nwearing my "TSA wants to see me naked shirt." Some arrogant smurf started making some wise cracks that crossed the line, lacing them with vulgarity. I'm used to snarky comments and they largely don't bother me. However, this guy was way over the top. For reference, this guy was the moat dragon.

Started off normally with wise cracks which I didn't mind. "Check out my man's shirt" and he pointed it out to everyone else who chuckled. I didn't give him any reaction. He made a couple other wise guy comments about no one wanting to see me naked. I still ignored him. Fairly typical comments I get almost every time I wear it.

At that point he started getting belligerent. Before I walked thru the WTMD, he said (about the NoS) "I wish these f****** things would just burn down. I really do. That way, you people would just shut up and quit complaining about them." I ignored him again. I alarmed the WTMD as I forgot I had my cell phone on belt. Went back thru and asked if they had the little bowls. They didn't and moat dragon said "Just put it thru - we'll take care you. Just like you guys take care of us." I'm like ok, is that a veiled threat? I walk back thru and as I walked by he said "F*** you very much." It definitely wasn't thank you. I ignored him again. As I was picking up my belongings he's yells "No one wants to see your sorry @ss naked." Fortunately, no secondary, though I fully expected one from this guy.

That did it. Would have stopped to file a complaint right then, however, I was running short on time and I figured if I pushed the issue, I'd miss my flight no thanks to TSA and be stuck here until tomorrow. I filed a complaint this morning.

I heard him making some other smart aleck comments to other people too, but not nearly to the degree he made to me.

The other screeners were quiet. Didn't do anything but their job. Would have been nice if they would have told him to tone it down.

I don't mind the snarky comments. I'm used to them, and I find them amusing. However, there's no need to be dropping F bombs and otherwise cuss at pax. What happened to "You don't professionalize before you federalize?" I was never cussed at by security before 9/11 - never had any issue either. And TSA wonders why we don't respect them.