FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Secure Flight data incomplete Add "under view my itineraries"
Old Mar 21, 2011, 9:02 pm
dgcpaphd

Originally Posted by IMH

Any updates on this, almost a year on from the last post?

I just encountered this problem and search brought me to this thread. I imagine many non-FTers will call the airline rather than find reassurance here, so this must be costing UA more than it would to sort the IT out.
-
-

The problem is back, at least it is for me today.

The secure flight information data disappears and the United.com system will not accept the data after I entered it many times.

My profile within United.com contains all the requested information but it will not transfer to the international reservation I have for tomorrow.

My international flight tomorrow is a similar itinerary I have taken many times in the past.

Just last month I traveled to the same country and the information had been saved from prior flights. Now, as I wrote, the problem is back.

After trying too many times and using various browsers (IE, Opera, Mozilla) I called United 1K and asked for assistance. I was transferred to ICC and spoke with a supposed technical support person. That person knows less about United's web system than I do.

Bottom line? I will try (waste more time) a few more times tonight to get the information to stay in my reservation. If no luck, when I go to the airport tomorrow I can have it entered there.

Considering all the many other problems with United.com, one has to wonder if the merged company will use the web system presently used by United or will the system used by Continental replace the present United system.
-