FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What happened to the Aircraft type on Flight Detail?
Old Mar 14, 2011, 10:40 pm
SaveTheTulip

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by flyer703
Since the recent "upgrade" to "Flight Detail", the "Aircraft type" has gone blank. This information is very useful to me on routes I frequently fly (e.g. DCA-ORD) to understand trends in scheduling as I often choose and book itineraries based on A/C type. More importantly, I rebook or go on same day standby based on this info. I understand that the timetables schedules or attempting to book actual flights show A/C types, but they are not as easy/fast/up-to-date as checking current operations.

Since the field is still there but just blank, I'm guessing/hoping that this is just a temporary glitch with the merger. I would happily trade the "early/delayed" flag to get the A/C type back!
I asked about this about two weeks ago and received a response, the helpfulness of which you can judge for yourself:

I: "I have always enjoyed the Flight Status function of the website because
I like knowing what kind of aircraft I will be flying on when I fly
United. Since Flight Status changed recently to display flights as "on
time," "early" or "delayed," the aircraft type feature has disappeared.
Could you please find a way to bring that feature back for me and for
other interested passengers?

"I look forward to your response.

"Thank you very much."

United (excerpted):

"Your feedback about not being able to view the aircraft type when you
check flight status is noted as I understand that it lets you know what
type of plane you will be flying on and what to expect at check in. I
have forwarded this valuable feedback to our IT team for them to review."

Who knows what is happening at United IT, but I would love to have the aircraft type feature return soon.