Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

What happened to the Aircraft type on Flight Detail?

Old Mar 14, 2011, 6:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, CBP Global Entry, Hertz Five Star

Since the recent "upgrade" to "Flight Detail", the "Aircraft type" has gone blank. This information is very useful to me on routes I frequently fly (e.g. DCA-ORD) to understand trends in scheduling as I often choose and book itineraries based on A/C type. More importantly, I rebook or go on same day standby based on this info. I understand that the timetables schedules or attempting to book actual flights show A/C types, but they are not as easy/fast/up-to-date as checking current operations.

Since the field is still there but just blank, I'm guessing/hoping that this is just a temporary glitch with the merger. I would happily trade the "early/delayed" flag to get the A/C type back!
Old Mar 14, 2011, 8:49 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
glitch..it's been going on for a couple weeks now.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 8:51 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
also gone in Flight Status page -- http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...mary-page.html
Old Mar 14, 2011, 9:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
In a pinch, you can get the information from the seat map.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 10:40 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by flyer703
Since the recent "upgrade" to "Flight Detail", the "Aircraft type" has gone blank. This information is very useful to me on routes I frequently fly (e.g. DCA-ORD) to understand trends in scheduling as I often choose and book itineraries based on A/C type. More importantly, I rebook or go on same day standby based on this info. I understand that the timetables schedules or attempting to book actual flights show A/C types, but they are not as easy/fast/up-to-date as checking current operations.

Since the field is still there but just blank, I'm guessing/hoping that this is just a temporary glitch with the merger. I would happily trade the "early/delayed" flag to get the A/C type back!
I asked about this about two weeks ago and received a response, the helpfulness of which you can judge for yourself:

I: "I have always enjoyed the Flight Status function of the website because
I like knowing what kind of aircraft I will be flying on when I fly
United. Since Flight Status changed recently to display flights as "on
time," "early" or "delayed," the aircraft type feature has disappeared.
Could you please find a way to bring that feature back for me and for
other interested passengers?

"I look forward to your response.

"Thank you very much."

United (excerpted):

"Your feedback about not being able to view the aircraft type when you
check flight status is noted as I understand that it lets you know what
type of plane you will be flying on and what to expect at check in. I
have forwarded this valuable feedback to our IT team for them to review."

Who knows what is happening at United IT, but I would love to have the aircraft type feature return soon.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hmm I am still able to view the Flight Details with aircraft type when booking a ticket. It's missing only on Flight Status for me.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 2:07 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by UnitedSkies
Hmm I am still able to view the Flight Details with aircraft type when booking a ticket. It's missing only on Flight Status for me.
Same here. Shows just fine on a ticketed reservation for goalie-parents and for one for them I just held this morning.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
+1

Worked for the tickets I booked last night.. At one point, it was showing a 777 on SFO-LAX.. Unfortunately, that changed when I refreshed
Old Mar 15, 2011, 8:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, CBP Global Entry, Hertz Five Star
Right. Booking functions are fine. The issue is with the yesterday/today/tomorrow flight status displays.

One thing I forgot to mention in my OP is that I always double-check the A/C type the night before a flight. It is especially important to know whether the A320 was swapped to an A319 when you're in row 3...
Old Mar 15, 2011, 8:27 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
One thing I forgot to mention in my OP is that I always double-check the A/C type the night before a flight.
You should use ualcargo.com for that anyway (if you care about accuracy).
Old Mar 15, 2011, 9:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
You should use ualcargo.com for that anyway (if you care about accuracy).
It's blank on there also.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 9:30 pm

It's blank on there also.
Which link are you using? Never use the Flight Status link on ualcargo.com - it's as bad as united.com. Always use the Flight Schedule link.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 7:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
. Always use the Flight Schedule link.
^ Obviously that info is pulled from a completely different source. Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.