FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Four Points by Sheraton SFO San Francisco Airport [Master Thread]
Old Jan 29, 2003, 7:15 pm
Generally

This property is my choice when I need to stay near the airport. They do have their occasional quirk every now and then, but their overall attempt to please has made this a repeat for me.

This hotel is very new, and the property still seems to appear and smell that way. It has a very nice atmosphere. They generally don't have someone readily available to help with bags, but maintenance is always glad to help if you don't mind waiting for the bags to get there. If I have a lot of luggage, I usually just grab the cart.

The room service isn't the fastest, but I think the problem mentioned before might have been just one of those days.

The free internet is great...just plug your CAT5 cable in the socket, authenticate on the server page when you open your browser, and you are on your way!

I'm glad to hear they changed the contract service, since I couldn't figure out why that contractor arranged the routing and split the buses between properties like they did (sometimes the hotels were right next to each other but two different buses went to each) which is why you always seem to see another one pass you by.

Late last year I was there for almost two months because of a family emergency and they were very nice/concerned and made sure we felt at home.

We did have excitement like the fire alarm being set off by a prankster (hotel guest) in the middle of the night (they discharged a fire extinguisher on the top floor hallway). The entire hotel evacuated and when the fire department responded they told us that the hotel had the best safety systems since it was recently built from the ground up. (The funny thing was that we were the first out, and while the extinguisher dust was making it very hard to breathe and see in front of you, people actually took the time to pack their bags, and carry them out of the building five or ten minutes later.)

We had flooding because of heavy rains and the lower parking had a couple feet of water in it as well as the street & 101fwy. The maintenance man immediately offered to try to drive our SUV out when he saw us looking at the water. He took our key and trekked out into the water and he got soaked but he got our vehicle out.

Overall, they try their best. They are above average for a CAT3 property!

I can understand how you felt Montys_Mayhem - it can be frustrating.

Have a great day!