FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton New York Fashion District {US-NY}
View Single Post
Old Mar 13, 2011, 10:21 pm
Phil2016

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond, National EE
I just checked in for my first stay. Very friendly staff. Unlike some of the other new Hilton properties in NYC, there are five elevators, which are very fast (unlike HGI & DT Chelsea for example where there are only two slow elevators). Edit: I noticed when I left there were only three elevators on my floor, so perhaps the other two in the lobby were to get to the rooftop bar? Still, elevators were very speedy.

There is no executive lounge. There is a rooftop bar on the 22nd floor (I haven't ventured up there to check it out). I was given a room on the 20th floor; looking at the room map, it doesn't appear to be necessarily larger, but it is shaped more uniquely and is quite spacious. The decor is all very modern. A very nice Plasma wall mounted and a great channel guide makes searching for something to watch much easier than in most hotels. Bed seems comfortable so far.

The bathroom is also very spacious, especially by NYC standards. Shower is a walk-in with glass doors. Great water pressure, etc. Very good quality towels that actually smell pleasant.

They advertise a free cupcake at check-in for all guests, which in reality is a cupcake bite about the width of your thumbnail (but still tasty). Breakfast voucher given for lobby restaurant, but no details of what it is actually for (will report back later on that).

They have a nice Keurig coffee maker in the room, with a handful of pods to choose from.

Located just east of Seventh & W 26th; access to 1 train is right at 27th & 7th. Or Penn Station is just up 7 blocks or so on 7th, so location is great (especially if you use JFK and utilize LIRR to get into the city).

EDIT: Breakfast...there is an HHonors menu, which includes a fair number of options, and includes juice, coffee, etc. Food was average, but definitely better than what you get at many properties.

Last edited by Phil2016; Mar 18, 2011 at 11:31 am Reason: Additional details re: breakfast