FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gold Passport Concierge?G bonuses?
View Single Post
Old Mar 8, 2011, 3:57 pm
Firewind

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by Windward Side of Life
...The agent said yes, they do have the G2 offer. I inquired as to how long the offer ran and to what days it applies. She said she wasn't sure and that maybe GP could answer that. I told her GP said that there currently weren't any G bonus offers in the U.S. to which she replied "well, if GP said that then maybe there isn't a G2 here."
Honestly, I encounter this often, even proactively (unsolicited) by front desk people, who I guess want to tell me what I want to hear (and who may not have been told that Gx are on a term basis) ...Another reason I am glad to have the ability to follow up afterward, though I don't like having to.

I do hope that all the problems with the Gx bonuses that this board is replete with haven't killed them for good. And as noted in the first paragraph, I am privileged to have a reliable source, and can only imagine that the problem is multiplied among general members.

Last edited by Firewind; Mar 8, 2011 at 4:05 pm Reason: Greater deference to front desk people.