FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seeking Best Property Advice: Myrtle Beach & DC
Old Mar 8, 2011, 11:00 am
Ravenboy2001

Programs: SWA A-List Preferred & CP, Delta Diamond, HH Diamond Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by transporter99
Diamond member looking to cash in some points this June. Hertz has their usual great promo of $5/day rentals orginating in FL, so taking my 11-year old from FL to NYC...

During this trip, I plan on stays in both Myrtle Beach and DC. Looking for beach R&R in Myrtle Beach, and convenient location to sightsee in DC.

Appreciate any guidance on best hotels in each location, especially given travel with my kid and Diamond status in terms of upgrades.

Leaning towards Hilton Myrtle Beach resort (though Embassey Suites a strong option) and HGI downtown DC on 14th Street.

Thanks

The Embassy Suites Myrtle beach is in the same complex that covers Hilton resort. It is decent and has a big water park, and it is right on the beach.

But that is not my recommendation. Check into Royale Palms condos which are a Hilton property and connected via a walkway to the Hilton Myrtle Beach. The Royale Palms condos are fantastic and HUGE. Not sure what kind of budget you're looking at or if you are using points, but this is the first place I would look if I were you. I'm actually using my remaining Q3FN certs from last year for a stay at Royale Palms in June.