FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Beaver Creek, Colorado REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Mar 3, 2011, 7:24 am
sc flier

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by spgplat21
Thanks for the recommendation, the Vin48 menu looks great. We'll definitely give it a try.
We just got back from the Westin Riverfront in Avon. We first went to Vin48 when they opened a few years ago and returned twice this past week for their happy hour from 5:00 - 6:30 (wine bar seating only). All small plates are $8, and two wines are offered for $5/glass. This past week, the $5 wines were a Pinot Grigio and a nice Nero d'Avola.

The antipasti offered a surprising assortment of unique appetizers. The scallops were our favorite that we ordered both nights. The only disappointing item was the beef carpaccio which I didn't think had much flavor. Our other favorites were the oxtail pot pie and duck confit sliders. Our neighbor's mussels looked good, but we didn't order them.

We liked our Italian meal at Zino Ristorante in Edwards (behind the Inn at Riverwalk). We thought that our waiter was inattentive, but other waitstaff seemed to be on top of things.

Also in Edwards, we returned to tapas restaurant Dish.

FWIW, the Hyatt's 8100 Mountainside Bar & Grill currently offers 1,000 points for opentable.com dinner reservations arriving between 5:30 and 6:30. We didn't eat there, but their pricey lunch menu looked good.

All of the above restaurants are on opentable.com.

(Aside: I just noticed that I now have OpenTable VIP status. )