FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2018] Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG
Old Mar 1, 2011, 5:53 am
GJS - yow

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Originally Posted by GJS - yow
Anyway, I submitted another request this morning. I should know shortly whether things have improved, but I'm not expecting anything.
Rejected (of course) - because I booked a King room, and the competition offered a King or twin at a lower price. A quick phone call to the competition confirmed that either a king or a twin room could be requested - no guarantees as to the room type, same as with Hilton direct bookings.

I called the Diamond Desk, and they supported the BRG position, until I told them that the other site allowed selection of the room type. I also emailed them links to a number of sites offering lower rates, though not as substantial as the one I was claiming. The DD agent called the hotel in question, and gave me a compromise offer. I got the lowest rate, but not the $50 compensation. I'm satisfied with this, as it is better than I have fared before.

Overall, the BRG program is a travesty. One would think that it would be less expensive for Hilton to just honour the claims, rather than paying salary and benefits to people at BRG who just deny every claim that comes their way. This must antagonize and alienate at least some of Hilton's customers.