FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QF Domestic
Thread: QF Domestic
View Single Post
Old Feb 25, 2011, 8:16 pm
shillard

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Originally Posted by BD1959
Once upon a time, MEL-TSV was available on QF - not sure if these were actually replaced by JQ or whether there was a break.

After numerous times when flying back from NTL to MEL on JQ on a Friday night, when there was NO catering availablle (because all the food had been sold on the MEL-NTL outbound and JQ did not cater ex NTL), I simply gave up ... not that the plain white bread sandwich appealed too greatly in the first place. At least with QF you know what will be offered (because you've already paid for it in the ticket price). In the end, JQ's unreliability meant that I would always BYO.

Where QF (and DJ to a certain extent) score over JQ is with irregular ops and flexibility. I lost track of the times that I knew that a JQ flight would be delayed (sometimes very significantly) because the inbound was delayed. Still had to check-in 30mins prior to scheduled departure otherwise lose the ticket. That meant lost work time.

I hear you - things were sooooo much better when the Crash-8 service linked NTL and MEL (and even better when they were driving Impulse out of business with BringAnotherEngine146 planes and business class on the route).

JQ reliability NTL-MEL sucks arse.