FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Rotterdam {NLD}
View Single Post
Old Feb 25, 2011, 7:36 am
Stewie Mac
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by dartagnan
...Slept through meeting with a coworker for lunch... For some reason, this coworker was insistent ... so there was likely no reason to be concerned about my welfare.
I think there's a small reason noted there - you didn't turn up for a meeting with said co-worker.

This is more of a co-worker discussion than a hotel one [assuming that hotel staff walked him up and into your room, rather than just giving him a key].

Imagine the FD staff position if someone comes to them and says 'my colleague is staying here and didn't turn up for our meeting and I'm really worried that they're okay' then there's no answer to repeated phone calls to your room. If they had ignored this, and you'd been ill/incapacitated, they would be in very much more trouble than they are with you....impossible situation. Going to your room with the colleague to check is surely their only course of action.

If they just gave him the key to your room, then I agree with the very strong complaint to the GM - that's massively out of line.