FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying Intra Asia SQ/JL/TG KIX-SIN-BKK-UTH-BKK-HND-OKA-ITM
Old Feb 19, 2011, 6:38 am
fumitani
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Flying Intra Asia SQ/JL/TG KIX-SIN-BKK-UTH-BKK-HND-OKA-ITM

Excuse my grammer

This trip came out of nowhere. On Jan 28th Friday morning I called SQ to change my return portion of my ticket to BKK. Then right after that I called UA to use my almost expiring miles to upgrade. I got rejected (there were seats, but can't do within 24hours). I booked for the night departure from KIX that night. It was 10:30am...I had less than 30 minutes to sort this out before Saturdays departure. So I called SQ again and then UA. Upgrade worked out. I go to work that day come home and do lots of last minute shopping.

My trip was going to be KIX-SIN-BKK and after that I was planning a run to LAX, but things kept changing so. If you read until the end you'll get the whole routing. :smile:

So Jan 29th morning came up. I woke up at 8am did last minute preperations and then left at 8:40am. There was light traffic today so I got to the airport by 9:25am. First of all you go through the entrance.

Need to find the checkin counters for SQ Aisle H

Here is the counter for SQ checkin.

I had 52kg worth of bags, but SQ let me go with the extra 2kg. C passenger + 20kg *G! I carefully weighed my bags, but how did I end up with being 2 kg over? I dunno

Anyways after checkin my bags, which took no more than 1 minute, I head downstairs to get breakfast.

I had takoyaki

I walked around and decided if I should get some Tonkatsu, but I knew SQ was going to feed me enough so I didn't need to over stuff myself.

Bought some Omiyage (souviners) and then off to security!

Must look at the flight information first.

Greeted with LONG lines for security which only takes 5 minutes

While I was waiting for security. Just snapped a photo of my boarding pass

Immigration and Security took all of 7 minutes.

Post immigration

If you need to shower

Shuttle Train to the gates

SQ Invited me to use the Sakura Lounge (I knew the lounge is terrible from flying JL).

Signs

Airlines which use this lounge.

Star VS OW

Entrance

I find it rude to take photo's of the reception lady and the reception area so I never take photo's of that area.

After the reception turn left