FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is 50k MR Points offer for first time Platinum members still valid? (Bonus ID 4986)
Old Feb 15, 2011, 9:50 am
krusty1231

Getting the runaround about 50k bonus

I recently applied for a platinum card with a 50k bonus. At the time, I don't think the bonus was active on the AMEX website but a third-party link. Currently the link appears to be active (50k bonus for 1000 spend/3 months). The application I used had the same terms and bonus ID as the current offer. I called AMEX because they needed a confirmation of my address and at the time I inquired about my bonus offer. The agent on the phone stated that she had 25k listed but "was sure that I'd receive the bonus that I signed up for." After I submitted a fax with a confirmation of my address, I spoke to an agent regarding that and again inquired about the bonus. She stated 25k again, saying that's what I signed up for. I explained that it wasn't, and she countered with that the application was encrypted and 25k was the offer I received. I simply stated that I wouldn't activate the card if that were the case and again quoted my bonus ID, to no avail. Any reason why AMEX is being a big pain about this, and any way to remedy it? I've never had an AMEX with MR points.