FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USAirways App--UPDATED--NOW LIVE
View Single Post
Old Feb 8, 2011, 12:19 pm
richinaz

Programs: USAirways CP
Originally Posted by flg8rmatt
CO's app for Android/iPhone is pretty good. No reason why US couldn't do the same...well no reason other than it would cost them money to develop it.
Well it would help if their web site would work reliably first (most recently I had a ton of trouble trying to sign up a friend for the dividend miles program, eventually had to wait until the next day). Then a decent iphone and/or android app.

Too many companies spend too much time/money trying to do a "flashy" web page instead of sticking to the basics and ensuring they work reliably and are easy to navigate.

Unlike print and tv ads, web sites don't need anything catchy/flashy. With a print/tv ad you need to catch someone's attention, with a web site the potential customer is already in the store. Your goal shouldn't be to drive them away with a confusing array of options and/or slow loading of flashing videos or ads.

No one needs to see a video of a plane flying or other animation. Just make it work. Yahoo use to have a nice simply home page but lately it is just cluttered with garbage. (And I forgot to mention those companies who think I need to hear music when I navigate to their page. Argh. )