FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Miles For New Citibank Checking Account [Consolidated]
Old Feb 2, 2011, 9:48 am
mymyles

Originally Posted by Ceiba
When I applied by phone it took FOREVER (45 minutes or so). Mostly because the CSR had to keep repeating after me what I'd just said, and half the time she'd got it wrong. So, we'd have to start all over again with the number or info I'd given her.

After I hung up, I thought, "this would have taken half the time if I'd done it online." Don't know for sure if that's true, but given the chance to do it over again, I'd apply online. Good luck, and I hope it goes faster than my experience applying by phone!
YES!! definitely do everything you can ONLINE. and avoid speaking to a CSR! All of them are from foreign countries and cannot understand you, nor can you understand them. I had to repeat the state I was from 3 times because I dont think the CSR guy knew that Colorado was a state! Seriously??!!

The customer service is awful at Citi! Chase is so much better. As soon as my miles post I'm closing this Citi acct. for sure!