FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - So long 1k. It was nice while it lasted. Official goodbye to elite status thread
Old Jan 31, 2011, 2:22 pm
cssaus

Programs: Velocity Platinum, UA MM
Farewell 1K

Received in the mail yesterday my gold coloured card so back to travelling as a premier exec for this year. At least card indicates I'm a 1MM flyer

I've got a TRANSPAC flight from SYD-LAS coming up in May which I booked last June and I managed to upgrade from Y -> C with a couple of SWUs and I'm sponsoring my daughter on a SFO-SYD flt in May with upgrade to C with one other SWU.

I ended up forfeiting 2 SWU's that expired in Jan. At least as a 1MM flyer I now have permanent *A Gold status and that will be useful for my travel to non-USA ports with SQ and other *A airlines. I also ended up with 6 Regional Upgrades expiring over the next 12 months but as a non-Resident of the USA, they are as a good as useless to me

Got another TRANSPAC flt in August from SYD-JFK and for this I purchased a Z class fare so at least I won't have to be put through the hoops and jumps hoping to have an SWU upgrade to C confirmed until the very last moment.

Not sure if I will make 1K this year, depends on how many SYD -> Asia flights I end up doing.