FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Miles For New Citibank Checking Account [Consolidated]
Old Jan 30, 2011, 1:15 pm
DrDive

Programs: AA EXP, IHTFP
$50 for free - Referral Bonus

Hi,

I recently opened up a new "Citibank account" for the 25k AA miles.

A few days after getting my debit card, I received a bunch of referral papers that allow both me and the person that gets referred to earn $50 when opening up a checking account with the referral.

1) Has anyone else gotten this?

2) If you want a referral, send me a PM

If anyone is interested I am happy to mail one of these referrals to you, just PM me. The T&C state that you must go to a branch with one of the referral papers in hand, and that it is not combinable with any other offer. This likely means that you won't be able to get the miles and the $50 at the same time, but it might be worth a try. Has anyone attempted to get both the miles and the $50 referral bonus?

Full terms and conditions:

Here's how friends or family get $50:
  • Open a Citibank Account by visiting a Citibank branch
  • Fund the new Citibank Account with $1,000 and initiate 1 direct deposit or make 2 online electronic bill payments or 5 or more debit card purchases per month for 2 consecutive months.
  • Offer expires 04/21/11

New Checking Customer: To receive this offer, you must open a new to Citibank checking account in the Citibank Account. Or you can earn $25 for a new Citibank Basic Checking Account or $100 for a new Citigold Account relationship package. Within 60 days of account opening you must (1) fund the account with $1,000 or more (or $100 for a Citibank Basic Checking Account) and (2) complete one direct deposit, or two electronic bill payments or five or more debit card purchases for 2 consecutive months. Qualifying bill payments are those using Citibank(R) Online, Citi Mobile(R) or CitiPhone Banking(R). Alternatively, to receive this offer for Citigold, you can elect to bring your Citigold Account's combined monthly average balances - including eligible deposits, loans, securities, and retirement products up to at least $100,000 (or $250,000 - if you elect to include the outstanding amount of your Citibank first mortgage) within 2 months of opening an account. Regular account charges apply. Limit one offer per Citibank customer. Offer not available on account conversions and cannot be combined with other offers. Cash bonus will be credited to your account within 90 days of your satisfying the terms of this offer. All referees must open a new eligible checking account by the expiration date of the coupon. Existing consumer checking customers are not eligible to receive the offer. Your account must be open and in good standing when cash bonus is to be credited.