FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "What to do in Reno?" thread
Old Jan 28, 2011, 2:09 pm
FLgrr

Programs: AAdvantage 2 million, Marriott Gold
What to do in Reno for a weekend?

Hey all. Not a skier here (live in FL - afraid of snow, that is why I moved )

I have a relative attending college in Reno. Thinking about a weekend up there to see her. Probably fly in Friday. She has classes this term on Fridays. then spend Saturday with her, head home to FL on Sunday. Not long, but all the time I have.

Any suggestions for stuff? Is there something to do at Tahoe, or just hiking and looking at the beauty? Any suggested trails? How about other parts of the Toiyabe National Forest? We are not climbers, just walk/hike.

I am thinking later March 2011 or April. Seems to work fine with her spring break schedule and finals.

Other suggestions for stuff to do? I can always make it a two day on the ground and fly in Thursday late instead.

I am Platinum with Marriott. I will search there for hotel suggestions - of worth the extra distance to stay toward lake Tahoe and drive or closer to Reno and the airport (will be an early flight out Sunday for sure).

Are there places at night where you get away from 'city lights' and see all the stars in the sky - even the really really far away ones?

Museums? Annual events?

Be sure to suggest stuff outside my time frame. She is a freshmen. I will have years to get there and see her.

Thanks - FLgrr