FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Suicide Bomber at Moscow Airport-1/24/11
View Single Post
Old Jan 26, 2011, 3:23 pm
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by maniac78
I thought about a fourth more unlikely but possible scenario as to why we haven't seen more attacks other than some completely brain dead schemes. Maybe what AQ is doing is just keeping the focus on avation..
The "Al-Qaeda" hydra have been attacking a lot since 9/11, and aviation-related targets are a very, very small fraction of the objects at which they've been throwing whatever resources they have at their disposal. If they've been "keeping the focus on aviation" it really doesn't show except in governmental and select public/media reactions to what little they've done to aviation since 9/11.

Apparently when the targets are ethnically and/or economically more akin to "us", then "we" seem to value the risk to "our" lives/livelihood greater than "we" do when the lives/livelihood at risk are those of "the other" -- "the other" being poorer, innocent persons of a "more" "alien" appearance in the minds of the prejudiced. It's a trap people should best try to avoid.

Originally Posted by maniac78
In my mind I'm thinking nuclear strike or some such similar massive attack.
Perhaps if you are selected on the basis of the above "confession", you can be set up in a sting operation or made into a patsy for some troublemakers, governmental or otherwise. That's how these things have gone before, so that too is a trap people should best try to avoid.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jan 26, 2011 at 3:28 pm