FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 4 Points Sheraton Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai [Master Thread]
Old Jan 20, 2011, 12:02 pm
SEA1K4EVR

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by Mixer552
Hello I am staying here in a few weeks. Any updates?
As a Starwood Plat do feel there is a good chance for the upgrade to business Suite? Any other tips or suggestions for my stay?

Thank you in advance for your feedback
I stayed there in early November.. my first trip to Dubai. I got an upgrade to a business suite.. it was a nice room with plenty of space, but it faced the very-close building across the street so no view at all.

I absolutely loved the roof top pool and Level 43 bar.. sat outside up there every night for cocktails. It gets quite busy with local ex-pats.

I don't recall any other platinum perks other than the standard free internet. It was a bit of a shock to me to see that a few of the websites I tried to visit were blocked by the UAE government because those sites are only for heathen infidels. But you'll find that in every hotel.

The hotel can arrange an inexpensive car service for you if you need to go anywhere and don't want to take a cab.. and they also can do private tours for reasonable prices. I took a private city tour which was great. They also have free shuttles to the beach and the Dubai mall but I didn't use either of these services.

I had a great time in Dubai and wish I could have stayed longer..I will next time. And I would definitely stay at this hotel again.