Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

4 Points Sheraton Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai [Master Thread]

Old Aug 12, 2008, 1:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: United MM- Marriott Titanium - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum
Arrow 4 Points Sheraton Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai [Master Thread]

Any recent experiences at this property ?
Old Nov 19, 2009, 11:53 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle

Couldn't find a master thread for this hotel so here it is.
Tough to find a Category 5 Four Points Sheraton, but this is the highest category of the 3 in Dubai.

As a plat was upgraded to their business suite which is nice with a small counter and sink, cabinets, mini bar in a separate room with a living room. Balcony with a view of the water. Had 2 queen beds as I was staying with a buddy of mine. Unless you consider 2 bottles of water a plat perk there are no other perks here given. No breakfast, internet, drinks etc.

Our room wasn't ready and there is a Morrocan Lounge with some orange juice, coffee, tea, muffins on the M floor (2nd floor really) that they extended to me complimentary but was told this isn't a lounge that is used complimentary by plats.

God a very good weekend rate of 550 dhs, and 660 usd a.i. is a good value. The location is a little better to see some things than the other 2 four points sheartons.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i love the location of this hotel....i'm here once or twice every month....ever since i turned plat a few years ago, i have always been upgraded to a business suite here....once i even got a two bedroom suite....the staff is nice & there are dozens of restaurants all around the hotel....
Old Nov 20, 2009, 8:24 am

Programs: AmEx Centurion, SPG Platinum; LH Senator; Sixt Platinum; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by schley
Couldn't find a master thread for this hotel so here it is.
Tough to find a Category 5 Four Points Sheraton, but this is the highest category of the 3 in Dubai.

As a plat was upgraded to their business suite which is nice with a small counter and sink, cabinets, mini bar in a separate room with a living room. Balcony with a view of the water. Had 2 queen beds as I was staying with a buddy of mine. Unless you consider 2 bottles of water a plat perk there are no other perks here given. No breakfast, internet, drinks etc.
Khm. Was always getting 2 vouchers for 100 Dhs approximately, which was a selection of amenities. I had some check-ins where check-in staff forgot about those, but always complained and got those. I have reported that in the Dubai thread earlier.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 12:22 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Hmmm asked about free breakfast and was told it cost 90 DHS. No vouchers or anything.

The rooftop pool and bar is pretty cool as long as the wind isn't blowing too hard.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 10:44 am

Programs: United 1K / Starwood Platinum
Hello I am staying here in a few weeks. Any updates?
As a Starwood Plat do feel there is a good chance for the upgrade to business Suite? Any other tips or suggestions for my stay?

Thank you in advance for your feedback
Old Jan 20, 2011, 12:02 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by Mixer552
As a Starwood Plat do feel there is a good chance for the upgrade to business Suite? Any other tips or suggestions for my stay?

I stayed there in early November.. my first trip to Dubai. I got an upgrade to a business suite.. it was a nice room with plenty of space, but it faced the very-close building across the street so no view at all.

I absolutely loved the roof top pool and Level 43 bar.. sat outside up there every night for cocktails. It gets quite busy with local ex-pats.

I don't recall any other platinum perks other than the standard free internet. It was a bit of a shock to me to see that a few of the websites I tried to visit were blocked by the UAE government because those sites are only for heathen infidels. But you'll find that in every hotel.

The hotel can arrange an inexpensive car service for you if you need to go anywhere and don't want to take a cab.. and they also can do private tours for reasonable prices. I took a private city tour which was great. They also have free shuttles to the beach and the Dubai mall but I didn't use either of these services.

I had a great time in Dubai and wish I could have stayed longer..I will next time. And I would definitely stay at this hotel again.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Mixer552

i've stayed here over 25 times & i always get an upgrade to a business suite....once i got a 2 bedroom suite....
Old Jan 24, 2011, 8:48 pm

Programs: United 1K / Starwood Platinum
Thanks for the feedback and ideas.
I am looking forward to my first visit and stay.
I will post a report after my stay.

Safe and Fun Travels.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 5:00 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Air New Zealand Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Accor Platinum
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has any more recent reports on the Plat benefits at this property, particularly post 1 March with the new breakfast amenity option?

I usually stay at the Grosvenor but 4P has some great rates so I was thinking of defecting for the next stay!
Old Aug 24, 2012, 3:38 pm
Tak

Programs:  UA 1MM, JAL JGC Diamond, SPG Lifetime PLT, AMEX PLT
Originally Posted by Elope
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has any more recent reports on the Plat benefits at this property, particularly post 1 March with the new breakfast amenity option?

I usually stay at the Grosvenor but 4P has some great rates so I was thinking of defecting for the next stay!
I stayed there last week for 4 nights for business.
I got both Breakfast and 250 points as the Platinum member.
I also got upgrade to one bedroom business suite.
The room is nothing special, just spacious.
For room, Grosvenor is far better, but the price is much cheaper at 4p.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 4:15 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Air New Zealand Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Tak
I stayed there last week for 4 nights for business.
I got both Breakfast and 250 points as the Platinum member.
I also got upgrade to one bedroom business suite.
The room is nothing special, just spacious.
For room, Grosvenor is far better, but the price is much cheaper at 4p.
Thanks Tak. I'm expecting it to be somewhat more basic than the Grosvenor, but as it's less than half the price for this particular trip, hopefully the value equation helps ease the differential!
Old Aug 25, 2012, 7:58 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum

I was just there a few days ago. Upgraded to the business suite as always, 100% upgrade rate to this suite as they have tons of them (4 per floor I think).

Breakfast was included in my rate and was given the 250 points.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 4:37 am

Programs: Mattiott Lifetime Titanium Elite, LH SEN, IB Emerald, Hilton Diamond
Had a quick stop there last weekend. And I was really impressed of this 4points.
Check-In quite early in the morning, upgrade to Business Suite + Access to Z-Lounge on 1st floor (free breakfast buffet + evening snacks).
Room is quite modern and spacious.

Really loved the rooftop pool area + the bar (nice views and not expensive drinks). Loved it.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 3:11 pm

How is the noise level at this hotel? Thinking of staying here one night after a very long flight, however I am concerned about the fact that is so close to the highway. Any rooms better than others when it comes to noise?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.