FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does anyone happen to know what the Tax increase is WT+ to CW?
Old Jan 19, 2011, 7:55 am
Jimmie76
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by G-BOAC
http://www.travelio.net/british-airw...-increase.html Correct. I guess there might be some ex-BOS tax attached to CW but not WT+ too on top. Plus the offline fee, plus the CC surcharge though, did you factor that in?

Is it an ex-EUR ticket too? If so, you'll be charged the EUR fuel surcharge levels not the UK ones which I think are not only higher but in my recent experience the IATA rate was a shocker for conversion to GBP.

(I too didn't object to paying an increase in taxes recently, just wanted to understand how it was made up and learned the above).
As it is a multiclass and not bookable online I thought (and it wasn't mentioned last year) the offline fee was waived for that. It's a LHR-BOS so no EUR, don't know about the ex-BOS tax. The CC surcharge I can handle but my I can't do dummy bookings at the mo to check this out using miles as it just says systems not responding when I log in and try to book (one for the New Dilly).