FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Miles For New Citibank Checking Account [Consolidated]
Old Jan 18, 2011, 4:09 pm
mymyles

Originally Posted by clevername
FWIW, you can also get a Cit AAdvantage debit card:

What is the Citibank® / AAdvantage® debit card?

It's a debit card that lets you earn AAdvantage® miles for every dollar you spend.

How it works

To enroll, you need a checking account and an American Airlines AAdvantage® program account. If you don't have an account with AAdvantage®, we can set it up for you. If you have one but forgot the number, call 1-800-882-8880.
There are two plans to choose from: Basic or Premium.

Basic Premium

Get 2,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles when you enroll1
Earn one AAdvantage® mile for every $2 spent, up to 60,000 AAdvantage® miles per calendar year2
$25 annual fee3
Get 4,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles when you enroll1
Earn one AAdvantage® mile for every $1 spent, up to 100,000 AAdvantage® miles per calendar year2
$65 annual fee3

To earn AAdvantage® miles, you must select Credit when presenting your card or card number for payment2.
There's no interest on purchases made using your debit card, unless your purchase accesses Checking Plus® (variable rate) overdraft protection.
I just applied over the phone . The rep offered me the debit card, but when i asked her about the 2,000 bonus miles for the debit card she said that was not in the offer... any details on where to find the loophole for these extra 2K for the debit card?