FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Early departure from YYZ
View Single Post
Old Jan 15, 2011, 10:03 am
B1

Originally Posted by FOH
I'm going to YYZ for the first time next week. What should I expect in terms of a security wait with a Friday 6:30am departure on Delta (Terminal 3)? I am a US passport holder, plan to check-in online and will only have carry-on bags.
I got through to a Delta flight with security and US border in 15 minutes with OLCI and Nexus in December at a busy time. One important thing: You have to fill CBP6059B for the US. Take your time to read it and be careful to read every line - you are filling it out for the total of yourself and those traveling with you. IF someone has crackers in their pocket and you don't declare you have food - they will give you a lecture. If there is an apple, they treat you like a criminal. (http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/va...ation_form.xml) -look at line 11. The minimum time is easy to predict but the maximum is the problem - anything is possible. But with no luggage, 90 minutes is a reasonable outside limit and I've never needed more. The problem is if there is a charter flight leaving at the same time, there can be a sudden load of passengers that they are not staffed to handle quickly. So if you have nothing better to do, get there as early as you can and sleep while you wait for your flight. Delta commuter flights are now in a better waiting area than their former hole in the basement.