FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Breakfast on weekends as Platinum
View Single Post
Old Jan 12, 2011, 11:00 am
VA1379

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
It really depends where you stay. Here is where I have recently (in the past year or so) gotten free breakfast as a platinum member:

Tysons Corner Marriott - platinum only
Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks - platinum only
Washington Dulles Airport Marriott - gold/platinum
Fullerton Marriott at CSU Fullerton - gold/platinum
Portland City Center Marriott - gold/platinum

Now, there are plenty of properties that do not:

Washington Dulles Marriott Suites - used to until about 12/08
Fairview Park Marriott - they stopped in 2008 (I think around April or so)
Redmond Town Center Marriott - they stopped sometime in 2009
Seattle Airport Marriott - they stopped sometime in 2008-2009
Gaithersburg Marriott - never offered it (at least when I stayed in 2006)
Cambridge Marriott - used to offer weekend coupons until 2008. Before then, they also had an omelette station in the lounge.
NYC Marriott Marquis - never offered free breakfast on weekends for elite members

I am not sure for a few of them:

Renaissance LAX - used to have a lounge open 7 days a week. When they started closing the lounge on weekends and cutting back on offerings, I got breakfast coupons a few times by asking I have stopped staying at this property, however, since I have tried to fly out of SNA instead.

Manhattan Beach Marriott - the thread on lounge access and breakfast coupons on weekends does not show them offering a free breakfast. I only stayed here once on a breakfast rate so I have no personal experience as for a regular weekend rate.

Philadelphia Marriott West - they used to offer coupons on weekends to elite members, but I have not stayed here in a few years so I am not sure about their current policy.

Others offer a discount to gold/platinum members:

Seattle Waterfront Marriott - full breakfast is $5 based on the thread for lounge acces and breakfast coupons on weekends. I have only stayed here when the lounge was open on weekends (in the summer when they have a lot of business).

La Jolla Marriott - (I should add this info to the thread for lounge access.) They offer all elite members a discount for dining (all meals) in their restaurant. It is 15 %.

The reality is that it will depend on what property you stay at.