FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Whole Body Scanners Opt Out Stories [merged]
Old Jan 12, 2011, 9:41 am
Fredd

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
That'll teach me to question the rules...

The TSA reports that hardly anybody ever gets patted down, yet here's an amazing statistic: Mrs. Fredd was patted down on the outbound leg of our recent SEA-IAD-MIA flights, for the sin of carrying thermos cups, as I posted here, and I received the same treatment yesterday morning at MIA.

It was very obvious that there was a magnetometer on the left and the X-Ray scanner on the right so we stayed in the left line. I had everything on the conveyor belt when the TSA employee instructed me to remove my wallet and place it on the belt.

I had the effrontery to mention that this was a new policy. No, it's always been that way. I dared to reply that it wasn't. Oh, yes it was "in Miami." I then said that perhaps MIA was unique.

Off to screening for me.

Oh, and could someone please remind me why we have to hold our hands palm-up as we strike the cross-like pose? That could be quite a strain for some.

Last edited by Fredd; Jan 12, 2011 at 9:46 am Reason: question