FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Srilankan :Do not lose Credit Card when you bought ticket on web.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 11:11 pm
trustfriend

Angry Air Srilankan :Do not lose Credit Card when you bought ticket on web.

I lost my credit card used for the purchase of the ticket through web and could not present it at the check in. I was forced to buy new one, although my lost credit card was charged long time ago for the air fare (Colombo Male business return). Personally I did not understand this procedure at all. But I followed the request because I had to fly to Male with that flight.
At the same time I did my refund request on web.

Since then, 2 weeks I had heared nothing from Srilankan, so I contacted by e-mail and got the response as follows:
As per your request we will process your refund and your refund charge will be USD 50 per passenger.
E-commerce officer
unquote

I have never seen any fare conditions stipulating USD 50 refund charge.
The conditions stated LKR 2000 for the refund. so I told it to the office( RE: REFUND FEE - LKR 2000 FOR FULLY UNUTILIZED TKTS On the other hand your said USD 50 as refund charge. How comes this difference !??Re: SriLankan Online Refund Request)

But then again the response was
"Your refund charge will be USD 50 per passenger
E-commerce officer
E-commerce
Colombo"
unquote

I requested to show me the fare conditions on the basis of which the officer requested me to pay USD 50.

Then without any explanations the officer changed the response.
As per your request we will process your refund and you may check on same
with your issuing in in 7 working days
your refund charge will be LKR 2000 per passenger
Thank you
E-commerce officer
E-commerce
Colombo
unquote
According to my calculation, 7 working days already passed many days ago so I requested to report me what the officer did when.
But since then no reply was made from the officer.
I have not yet received the refund.

This airline has no discipline.

I sent also my inquires to some other e-mail address like
[email protected] <[email protected]>,<[email protected]> ;
[email protected] <[email protected]>.

But apparently it does not help.
When you compare Srilankan with other Indian Airlines like Kingfisher or Jetairways, the Indians are much better.

I want to say to Air Srilankan "Work Properly with discipline and Do not steal customers money and time in that way!