FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Miles For New Citibank Checking Account [Consolidated]
Old Jan 11, 2011, 2:13 pm
onthego15

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by whynotgo
Help me here.

Currently, I have both a single Citicard Business Aadvantage card and a single Citicard Personal Aadvantage card. Last week, I opened a The Citibank account to get 25,000 AA miles. I understand that in order to qualify I needed a Citicard Personal Aadvantage card. Now, both my Citicards have the second year annual fee due. Normally, I close the accounts to avoid the fee.

If I close the Citicard accounts, will I become ineligible for the Citibank 25,000 bonus?
The requirement to have a Citi credit card is new. Previous offers that were similar did not require this. So, I doubt anyone here knows for sure. You will probably need to read the terms and conditions carefully and then contact Citi for an answer.
But please understand that Citi is notorious for being inconsistent. One CSR may tell you one thing, another may tell you something quite different. If you get an answer that you like, get it in writing (if you can).