FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CO Top tier travelers: How were CO IrrOps today?
Old Jan 11, 11, 2:03 pm
Ilove2fly

Programs: OnePass, PriorityClub
Originally Posted by sweetkiddddo View Post
CO IrOps, like almost everything with CO these days can be a mix bags. If you have time flexibility, they will eventually get you where you need to be.
My recent flight from SFO to IAH was mechanically delayed for about 5 hours. Agent on the phone said "weather" quicker than I can say delay. Check-in agent was clueless. Finally, an agent at the PC was able to provide some information. Got 9 text messages within 15 minutes from the TripAlert after scheduled departure time to tell me my flight has been delayed. Each message has a different delay duration.

Continental check-in agents did not know when we will get our plane and refused to re-rout passengers. Basically, she did not want customer to just go away and wait. One of the passengers finally bought tickets for his party on Southwest airline as an insurance.

From experience, I would say Continental is not always wonderful during IrOps. From my listed experience with United, I believe United is much better.