Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

CO Top tier travelers: How were CO IrrOps today?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CO Top tier travelers: How were CO IrrOps today?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2011, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by cjermain
This seems to be a really, really significant issue with CO, and I can't believe how crazy my own experiences have been. It is quite inexplicable that the real rules (Whatever they are) are not widely known and applied.

Should we raise this issue so it's brought to light so CO can COrrect it, or should we try to discredit posters who raise anything that makes CO look bad?

Hmm....
Old Jan 11, 2011, 1:35 pm

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
They don't proactively rebook you and let you know

Not so. I have been rebooked several times. The problem is that the alogrithmn they use is bizarre at best. Like since I was in FC, auto rebooking me in FC 3 days later, where there were plenty of coach seats much sooner.

You can't count on the rebooking engine to be logical. After auto-rebooking, I have received emails to check in for my new flights. The problem is that I was already at my destination by rebooking myself either on line at co,com or with an agent.
The system needs to be way more robust.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 2:42 pm

Programs: CO Plat, UA 1P, AA Plat (status matched)
This thread gives you a good example of CO and IrrOps:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/conti...wr-closed.html
Old Jan 11, 2011, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Vulcan
They don't proactively rebook you and let you know

Not so. I have been rebooked several times. The problem is that the alogrithmn they use is bizarre at best. Like since I was in FC, auto rebooking me in FC 3 days later, where there were plenty of coach seats much sooner.

You can't count on the rebooking engine to be logical. After auto-rebooking, I have received emails to check in for my new flights. The problem is that I was already at my destination by rebooking myself either on line at co,com or with an agent.
The system needs to be way more robust.

I think their rebooking system is resource COnstrained. In a single flight cancellation, we see that people are rebooked promptly. In a massive flight cancellation (e.g., snowstorm affecting hub), there are stories of people not being rebooked at all.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 4:03 pm

Programs: UA-Perma Plat, Hyatt-Sucks, HHonors - Dia., Marriott - Gold
Originally Posted by channa
I think their rebooking system is resource COnstrained. In a single flight cancellation, we see that people are rebooked promptly. In a massive flight cancellation (e.g., snowstorm affecting hub), there are stories of people not being rebooked at all.
As happens with virtually any airline. When I was stranded in FRA before Christmas, BA made a point of saying that they were not rebooking anyone for "an extended period". They told everyone to go home or find a hotel.

A shocker for some I know, but airlines don't close airports.

The weather over the past couple weeks pulls all airlines down.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GeoMedic
As happens with virtually any airline.
I'm not sure about that -- if the system is architected for the COntingency (i.e., a hub meltdown), it should be able to support that. Clearly it would cost more to COnstruct a system vs. one that cannot handle the load, but a hub meltdown is not unusual -- it happens a COuple times a year at least.

Also, they COuld build logic in the system that prioritizes rebooking by status. If the load on the system is beyond a certain point, maybe handle the Elites only or int'l flights first, or some other triage approach to utilize resources as they desire.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by channa
I'm not sure about that -- if the system is architected for the COntingency (i.e., a hub meltdown), it should be able to support that. Clearly it would cost more to COnstruct a system vs. one that cannot handle the load, but a hub meltdown is not unusual -- it happens a COuple times a year at least.

Also, they COuld build logic in the system that prioritizes rebooking by status. If the load on the system is beyond a certain point, maybe handle the Elites only or int'l flights first, or some other triage approach to utilize resources as they desire.
Please, channa, unstick your shift key when typing words that have "co" in them. It got old months ago.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 5:36 pm

Programs: CO One Pass Hipster, *G, Expedia Elite Plus, :rolleyes: Premier Exec.
On my last CO weather related irrops, I was booked on the next flight (the next morning) and given a hotel room for the night. No issues. I could have re-routed via other cities, but I did not want to give up my F seat, and my schedule was not too flexible, so under the circumstances, I was happy.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 6:08 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA/CO(1K-PLT), AA(PLT), QR, EK, Marriott(PLT), Hilton(DMND)
Noble Cousins, when you do experience irrops, does CO ever put a few thousand OnePass miles in your accounts and send you an apologetic email, perchance?
Old Jan 11, 2011, 8:33 pm
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
Originally Posted by ssullivan
Please, channa, unstick your shift key when typing words that have "co" in them. It got old months ago.
No, wAAit, I like chAAnnAA's emphAAsis.

PS: No irop so far today. Even better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.