FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First time in F...alone!
View Single Post
Old Jan 11, 2011, 1:26 am
maeharasmuse
Suspended

Originally Posted by pogonation
It's always a great feeling when you realise no-one else is seated with you in F when the plane sets off from the jetbridge
Always?/ Really??

I thought that was an interesting post by the OP. And to tell you the truth, I am not used to travel in F, although occasionally I fly on paid F tkts (for work). The thing is, I travel on my goddamn own the whole year round... It's pathetic really. Sitting there on my own, 30.000 feet in the sky.

I used to think like you, but now usually when I travel (both in the lounges or on the plane) I no longer dread the company / mere presence of other people... provided of course I'm not in a middle seat and provided of course that if the flight's not full I get my 4 seats in the middle (e.g. if I am flying in Y).

AAMOF I have flown in F all by myself before. I though it was silly, really.

The royal F-class service becomes just comical - it daunts on you how lonely you really are at that moment. Where's your friends? Where's your family? Where's your loved ones? I ended up skipping the food, and I skipped the good drinks. I think I just had a couple of glasses of apple juice. The seat was good. It was spacious. It was a comfortable way to get to my destination. But nothing more than that. As I said, it was for work... but it wasn't really necessary imvho. Not if I am going to have to fly alone, all by myself!! That's like checking in into a suite in a world class hotel, but your girlfriend or your wife is not there to share it with you - as has happened to me as well. I mean, what's the use?? It's depressing, really.

REALLY, if I travel in F I'ld rather be in the company of some friends or some dear ones. Like my gf, or maybe hopefully someday that hot chick from accounts down on the 15th floor of our office, who knows... Hell, I think I'ld rather take my grandmother along, rather than having to sit there in F all on my own again. Simply put: instead of 1 F-tkt I'ld definitely prefer to share my reward miles over 2 C's or 4 Y's.

And I think that if I'm ever all by myself in F again, I'll just change seats and move back to the C-cabin - with the rest of the common people, closer to humanity. Really.... except of course if all those wild stories and urban myths about the F-class "Executive" cabin service (e.g. at some of the Middle Eastern airlines) are true. Maybe the OP could shed a light on his experience at NH?? Probably also depending on the the crew... which in Japan can be a bit of hit and miss. Anyway, I'm sure the idea must have crossed his mind...?

Last edited by maeharasmuse; Jan 11, 2011 at 1:40 am