FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First time in F...alone!
View Single Post
Old Jan 9, 2011, 5:33 pm
pogonation

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by hilitr
Flew NH 7 after Christmas...quick trip for some riding in the honshu alps, despite the several feet of powder in Tahoe (that's the cost of advance trip planning). Scored an F seat with UA miles. Upon boarding, I looked around and saw this:

Cabin director welcomed me as the lone F passenger. Service was exquisite throughout. Food was delivered at a constant pace - caviar, peitite fours, multiple entree selections, and snacks left me stuffed. Each time I dozed off I awoke to find my slippers turned toes facing outward. Bed made and unmade on request. A passable attempt to make small talk, despite our respective lack of Japanese and English vocabulary. And (hope this isn't TMI for FT):

A flower (different ones, I assume) was present on multiple trips to the lav. As my first experience in intl F, all I can say is, wow. I felt like the most important person on the plane.
Wow the only passenger on NH F That is arguably as good as it gets for commercial airline travel and you got it on your first time ^

It's always a great feeling when you realise no-one else is seated with you in F when the plane sets off from the jetbridge