FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Enrich program from Malaysia Airline is just a disappointment
Old Jan 8, 2011, 2:30 am
adelinegoh

Programs: Enrich, QF, SQ, Marriott, SPG
The issue with MAS is the problem of earning miles with Enrich when you fly partner airlines, not MAS itself. If you cant even claim Enrich for MAS flights properly then I'll be speechless about the purpose of Enrich existence itself.

First of all, try looking up MAS partnership on Air France site - Air France will never get involved in MAS Enrich and vice versa, just because KLM has merged with AirFrance dont bother trying your Enrich with AF. I think what MAS has really, is just a code-share with KLM flights..and probably other listed partner airlines the same but the frequent flyer program is really a complete manual dummy to claim points on partner airlines (a joke!).

That means I fly 20 flights with partner, quoting Enrich and sending miles into black hole, retro-claim from MAS manually, may get credited with 15 flights but not informed why 5 are missing. By that time I have done another 18 partner flights , now have to reclaim 18+enquire 5 missing flights..and the cycle goes on...try doing this every few months and you'll wonder if there is really a priviledge at all for all the troubles/time taken to use Enrich. Its a goose-chasing cycle just to redeem some proper MAS flights and in my case, I couldnt redeem for nearly 2 years because of this nonsense (never have enough points by being a loyal Enrich member).

I'm sorry but it is my opinion that unless you only fly with MAS exclusively (which is not how most business travellers work today), you can forget about hoping for your Enrich points to appear. Therefore MAS may survive having code-share flights but Enrich may not survive on its own. It's a situation of yelling 5-6 times to get your noodles served or do you want to go to a pricier restaurant that serves you noodles without yelling and save your anxiety/time/hunger.