Enrich program from Malaysia Airline is just a disappointment

Old Dec 31, 10, 10:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Enrich, QF, SQ, Marriott, SPG
Thumbs down ENRICH program from Malaysia Airline is just a DISAPPOINTMENT

can anyone tell me how to ensure that the missing Enrich points (from flying with KLM flights) are properly credited?

I fly nearly every week - around 40+ flights per year.
When I was flying the Asian routes with Malaysia Airlines many years ago, I probably have about 3-4 times missing miles not getting recorded - that's ok I can fix that easily.

But now, I am working in Europe and with flying nearly every week for the past two years mainly with KLM flights, loyally quoting my Enrich numbers yet not seeing them being recorded in the end is REALLY really tiring..if you can imagine it. That is a lot of mileage in total although they are small numbers each time.

I had to literally contact the Enrich team something like every 3-4 months to submit my boarding passes and receipts and wait patiently, then counter-check against the Activity Statement if there are missing flights in between those list of flights and European destinations that I have submitted to them manually.

My patience is obviously running thin this time..I still have over a dozen KLM missing flights that are not being credited with Enrich mileage..well 15 KLM flights to be exact, as off December 2010. If I had use the KLM flying blues for these flights, I'm sure I would be going onto a Gold level or something VIP by now. These requests go back from October 2009 and I've been writing again and again to the Enrich team from April 2010 (since it can only be 6months for retro claims) without ANY responses. No one from the Enrich team can tell me why some flights have been credited and some havent..and let me assure you, they are usually not the cheapest class/ticket type because I'm a corporate traveller.

I've also called at least 4 times from Europe to the Enrich office in Malaysia and each time (in addition to the long playing music waiting..) I'm being asked to resend my boarding passes & receipts but later hear no news!! I even tried getting a reference or a contact person name for my calls but the standard reply over the phone is to send an email or fax to the general contacts provided as they check it frequently?!! (nonsense!, as it sounded like they are just afraid of taking up accountability for the hard work/follow up)

In case anyone wonders, yes I HAVE always and religiously quoted the Enrich frequent flyer number during my check-in @KLM but were never captured in the Enrich online system/database sadly. I mean, do I really need to walk into an Enrich-specific counter (is there really one?) at the KLIA airport next time and bang their table? Most Malaysia Airline counters in the European airports do not deal with the Enrich discussion and they'll ask you to refer website, write and call bla-bla-bla..

I dont know what to do anymore except to stop using the Malaysia Airlines Enrich frequent flyer program (yes, disappointed and fed up!) and switch over to KLM's Flying Blue program if this continues into 2011 year. Nobody likes to waste their previous time chasing after the Malaysia Airlines team. I see no point of using Enrich to record my KLM flights (which apparently is the partner airline for Malaysia Airlines) but somehow always have the missing miles. Is their frequent flyer system connected at all, seriously?!

I've already been missing out in terms of redeeming anything from the Enrich program because I have so many miles NOT being credited properly..

so disappointing..and I'm hesitating nowadays to fly with Malaysia Airlines being a Malaysian frequent traveller around the globe (usually I'd be quite proud to be a Malaysian but enough of the Enrich nightmare!). Already..I have 4 flights lining up for early January 2011 and I just dont know which frequent miles to use - is it worthwhile signing up with the KLM's Flying Blue at all in my shoes?

I guess, at the closing of 2010 year this is my one last try to seek help about the Enrich program.. someone out there..help?! any constructive advice/feedback is appreciated!!

tired...

Last edited by adelinegoh; Dec 31, 10 at 11:07 pm Reason: Add icon
Old Dec 31, 10, 11:33 pm
Suspended

To be fair, is it Enrich who is at fault here or KLM ?

I have flown KLM a few times (regional flights) during the last couple of years and have never gotten the miles in my Enrich account. Since its not that many miles & the fares were ridiculously cheap, I didnt follow-up.

If you are flying KLM often & based in Europe, why dont you credit the miles to Flying Blue & earn status at the same time.

And I dont think this is the right forum for expressing nationalistic feelings ...
Old Dec 31, 10, 11:50 pm
Original Poster

well..who is at fault I dont know being another consumer..but like a normal passenger, I'd expect MAS to follow up with KLM at the very least, upon submitting the boarding passes etc.. isnt that how the other loyalty programs work in the background?

think previously I was in denial to join KLM flying blue because apart from the domestic/European flights with KLM, I still do fly back to Malaysia 3-4 times long haul a year to see family and friends with MAS so I thought heck why not just stick to the same...rather than having multiples of the same partner airlines' program. Someday I will also return to APAC to work again.

yea..not the right place for nationalism but you know, sometimes..flying with MAS do give me a feeling of closer to home (especially when you talk to the staff)..again, the little things that count. Guess I should have looked at the Overall BIG picture on benefits first.. sigh-wasted
Old Jan 1, 11, 9:17 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Accor Gold, IHG Plat
Had the exact opposite last year. MH flights wouldn't credit to KLM FB.

If this continues, and you want to change Enrich for FB, there are certainly some "criteria" if you want to max out your flights.
KLM and FB mostly credit only a certain percentage of the flown miles to your account. This is based on you ticket fare. Cheap fares earn 25% of the distance, more expensive ones 50%/75% and full fare 100% whereas C/J earns 125-175%. If you fly on discounted tickets, it's very unrewarding but if you travel full-fare or WBC it is rewarding.
Regarding reaching elite status, this is possible with miles or segments, you'll be Silver (lowest elite, more baggage allowance, paid lounge access, priority check-in etc.) with 15 segments/25k miles and then earn a bonus of award miles. Most people find reaching elite by segments much easier, especially if they fly on discounted fares. You reach gold (lounge access, ST Elite+, priority check-in and security at AMS) when you've flown 30 segments/25k miles.
I would seriously look at your travel pattern for deciding a possible change to AFKL FB, as the benefits can differ hugely by your expected pattern of travelling.
Old Jan 4, 11, 11:16 pm
Original Poster

this must have been a day where heaven falls on earth...MAS finally credited my Enrich account for all flights starting from April 2009...almost 2 years of waiting..crazy isnt it?
I dont know if it makes any difference following my post here but it seems coincidental that they've finally done something. Most airline would just thrown it out given that it's so far back since they havent actioned on the missing flights as they should have.

unfortunately I've signed up with SkyTeam for 2011 and have done my first flight with FB.. btw, can I assume that by joining FB automatically means that you're part of the SkyTeam? the SkyTeam website doesnt say much.

thanks for the comments Ralph..in that case, I would imagine achieving Silver quickly..given that my European flights are shorter in terms of miles than the repeated segment..but is this something you need to tell them or the FB program can work it out based on whichever criteria is achieved first - 15 segments or 25k miles?
Old Jan 5, 11, 3:22 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Accor Gold, IHG Plat
this must have been a day where heaven falls on earth...MAS finally credited my Enrich account for all flights starting from April 2009...almost 2 years of waiting..crazy isnt it?
I dont know if it makes any difference following my post here but it seems coincidental that they've finally done something. Most airline would just thrown it out given that it's so far back since they havent actioned on the missing flights as they should have.

unfortunately I've signed up with SkyTeam for 2011 and have done my first flight with FB.. btw, can I assume that by joining FB automatically means that you're part of the SkyTeam? the SkyTeam website doesnt say much.

thanks for the comments Ralph..in that case, I would imagine achieving Silver quickly..given that my European flights are shorter in terms of miles than the repeated segment..but is this something you need to tell them or the FB program can work it out based on whichever criteria is achieved first - 15 segments or 25k miles?
Glad your Enrich issue is solved (finally)!!!
Whenever you reach one of the thresholds of FB elite status, be it by segments or miles, the system knows so no need to contact FB and decide one of the ways to qualify.
Old Jan 7, 11, 1:40 am

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, MH Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
I can't comment on any problems with earning miles with Enrich when you fly partner airlines but my experience is that I've never really had a problem having miles credited to my account when I fly with Malaysian, if I've quoted the number in my reservation and ensure that my number is in the system on check-in. Miles don't seem to appear when one of the 2 has not been done. I have found the Enrich website to be very helpful in crediting missing miles. They don't always acknowledge that you've made a claim but the miles suddenly appear after a few weeks from submitting the boarding passes.

What I do find very strange is that I can't put in my Enrich number when I fly on Air France or make a booking with them. Do you have to submit the boarding passes to the Enrich claims department every time you fly on an Air France flight??
Old Jan 7, 11, 2:17 am

Programs: AA Gold
MAS not being a partner with any other airline program, it is in my opinion a waste to accumulate Enrich points unless you fly them exclusively. But I never credit Enrich with any flights on other airlines. Its like sending the miles into a black hole.
Old Jan 7, 11, 3:34 am

I do fly with them a lot and their progamme really suits me. Redeeming tickets with them costs so much less compared to everyone else!
Old Jan 8, 11, 3:30 am
Original Poster

The issue with MAS is the problem of earning miles with Enrich when you fly partner airlines, not MAS itself. If you cant even claim Enrich for MAS flights properly then I'll be speechless about the purpose of Enrich existence itself.

First of all, try looking up MAS partnership on Air France site - Air France will never get involved in MAS Enrich and vice versa, just because KLM has merged with AirFrance dont bother trying your Enrich with AF. I think what MAS has really, is just a code-share with KLM flights..and probably other listed partner airlines the same but the frequent flyer program is really a complete manual dummy to claim points on partner airlines (a joke!).

That means I fly 20 flights with partner, quoting Enrich and sending miles into black hole, retro-claim from MAS manually, may get credited with 15 flights but not informed why 5 are missing. By that time I have done another 18 partner flights , now have to reclaim 18+enquire 5 missing flights..and the cycle goes on...try doing this every few months and you'll wonder if there is really a priviledge at all for all the troubles/time taken to use Enrich. Its a goose-chasing cycle just to redeem some proper MAS flights and in my case, I couldnt redeem for nearly 2 years because of this nonsense (never have enough points by being a loyal Enrich member).

I'm sorry but it is my opinion that unless you only fly with MAS exclusively (which is not how most business travellers work today), you can forget about hoping for your Enrich points to appear. Therefore MAS may survive having code-share flights but Enrich may not survive on its own. It's a situation of yelling 5-6 times to get your noodles served or do you want to go to a pricier restaurant that serves you noodles without yelling and save your anxiety/time/hunger.
Old Jan 8, 11, 5:00 am

Originally Posted by adelinegoh View Post
First of all, try looking up MAS partnership on Air France site - Air France will never get involved in MAS Enrich and vice versa, just because KLM has merged with AirFrance dont bother trying your Enrich with AF. I think what MAS has really, is just a code-share with KLM flights..and probably other listed partner airlines the same but the frequent flyer program is really a complete manual dummy to claim points on partner airlines (a joke!).

That means I fly 20 flights with partner, quoting Enrich and sending miles into black hole, retro-claim from MAS manually, may get credited with 15 flights but not informed why 5 are missing. By that time I have done another 18 partner flights , now have to reclaim 18+enquire 5 missing flights..and the cycle goes on...try doing this every few months and you'll wonder if there is really a priviledge at all for all the troubles/time taken to use Enrich. Its a goose-chasing cycle just to redeem some proper MAS flights and in my case, I couldnt redeem for nearly 2 years because of this nonsense (never have enough points by being a loyal Enrich member).

I'm sorry but it is my opinion that unless you only fly with MAS exclusively (which is not how most business travellers work today), you can forget about hoping for your Enrich points to appear. Therefore MAS may survive having code-share flights but Enrich may not survive on its own. It's a situation of yelling 5-6 times to get your noodles served or do you want to go to a pricier restaurant that serves you noodles without yelling and save your anxiety/time/hunger.
Well, I can completely understand why you feel so frustrated! If you're travelling so much on KLM, it makes much more sense to be accumulating points on the FlyingBlue programme instead. At least you'll get something more worthwile achieving elite status with them. However, the more I think about it the more I think the problem lies with KLM not crediting your Enrich miles. It is KLM's responsibility to ensure that your miles get credited into your Enrich account. If they don't, the Enrich team have to chase up KLM to get those points/flights verified and then put them into your accounjt, which sounds like a lot of work on the Enrich team's behalf because they are still dependent on KLM, as I don't really see any problems when they follow up missing miles in-house.

Last edited by doctorjosh; Jan 8, 11 at 4:29 pm
Old Jan 8, 11, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PlatLife, BA-Gold, SPG-LTP, HL-DIA
Actually, no.. I have had good success in getting my MH flights credited to DL's programme. MH flights in "S" get only 30% on Enrich but 100% on Skymiles.
Old Jun 22, 11, 1:01 am

i'm also having the same problem with my KLM mile claims! wrote to Enrich in Mar, sent them boarding pass, etc..then complete silence and no replies to my follow up emails.
thereafter called them in May, and they could not find any trace of my claim, so i had to send in boarding pass & ticket again..now they have gone silent again. this is horrible customer service. At least have the decency to reply my emails, and let me know the claim is in progress, etc rather than keeping silent.
does anyone know how i can escalate this? anyone have email of the GM in charge of customer service or enrich?
Old Aug 8, 11, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy View Post
Actually, no.. I have had good success in getting my MH flights credited to DL's programme. MH flights in "S" get only 30% on Enrich but 100% on Skymiles.
What other programs credit MH flights? Does KL still do? Others?

Search this Thread