FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice Sought RE: ICN-FRA in OZF
View Single Post
Old Jan 5, 2011, 9:01 pm
ORDnHKG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by dan1431
I have been doing some reading RE: OZ F and what is offered in terms of AVOD/SEAT/CATERING ex-ICN. In particular I did some reading on the Royal Korean Meal and most of the posts were somewhat dated, with the best containing a dead link to the menu of the Royal Korean Meal ex-ICN.

Maybe they were dated, but OZ never change its pre-order menus especially Royal Korean meal, only once in a very long time, chinese meal may change the soup and appetizers. The choice on the regular menus do change every 3 months though.

I have not flown OZ since 2002 and back then I flew J and found it to be a nice ride, nothing more, nothing less. However, from reading posts in this forum and trip reports OZ F looks to be a whole different animal.
You are kidding right ? The C seats back then was like what we called the dark bird HL7417 74M, that finally converted to freighter last year. That seat was horrible, minimal recline, no headrest, legrest doesn't go up far either. Long haul on that seat is just a nightmare.

What are Asiana FTer feeling about The OZ Royal Korean Meal?

Is it something not to be missed or like KAL are their Western Offering far superior to the Korean offerings?
That is really up to your liking, depends how much you like Korean food. If the western choices haven't gone downhill thru the years, I would simply skip the Royal Korean meal. OZ used to have Lobster Thermidor on a shell (like SQ F) on every single of their F flights no matter long haul or short haul, and I would have that basically on all my flights. I am used to some of the Korean food, and sometime having bibimbap again also on the plane is just tiring, not a very exciting dish to me. It is not like OZ is going to serve in the hot black stone bowl like in local korean restaurants or come with an egg either. (and easy making for myself as well)

However, since you are flying F, it doesn't stop you from ordering the Royal Korean meal, but also do a mix and match, and ask for some of the western choices, as outbound from ICN they only load western choices for the 1st meal, nothing korean for F. Other than Royal Korean meal, you can also pre-order chinese meal, that is pretty good as well.

I can't compare to KE, as I am always a *A person.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Jan 5, 2011 at 9:15 pm