FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - disastrous night on first ever rewards stay!
Old Jan 5, 2011, 11:54 am
DillMan

Programs: AA EXP, AAirpass, & CK 2MM, MR Plat Premier, DL Plat, US Plat, UA RECOVERING GS
Originally Posted by catharsis
(apart from a dirty coffee cup sitting on the floor directly outside the door, which I ignored).
As you should have. The vast majority of people place used room service items outside their door. Perhaps someone had already returned their tray but hadn't quite finished their coffee. Alternatively, some people place any used dishware item (items from the lounge, bar, or inroom coffee maker) in the hall out of habit. Complaining about something you'd see in any full service hotel owned by any chain so early in your story casts a dark shadow on the rest of your story.

I think the hotel went above and beyond by making your reservation at the airport property and giving you 10k points. You obviously had a bit of an upgrade as the room offered initially didn't have quite as favorable of a view. Stuff happens in hotels and the housekeeper may have just missed those stains. I can say with certainty that the hotel doesn't make a practice of using soiled or stained sheets. As far as the paper chads go, I see nothing to complain about. Perhaps the trash was emptied after vacuuming and they fell out. Perhaps Kathrine Harris was the last person to stay in the room.

Personally I would have requested new linens and left it at that. I can't see Marriott corporate doing anything for you here.